Wednesday, March 16, 2011

1959 Renault 900

Now here is something that you don't see every day.  Even if you did, you wouldn't know which way it was going.


The Renault 900 was a styling experiment that, I suppose, seemed like a good idea at the time.  I'm guessing that passenger safety wasn't a consideration.


The 900 was powered by a rear mounted (1.7L) V8 that was basically two Renault Dauphine engines put together.  So it was twice as fast as a Dauphine, which still made it slow.



There were a few variations on the same design, and I don't know which one I like better.


Gotta love the French!

3 comments:

  1. Oui, mais admettez-le, vous l'aiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it hadn't been explained to me I would have thought they put the tail lights on the wrong end

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. Let us know what you think!